THE KAMALA AUTOBIOGRAPHY
The life story of a WWE wrestler overcoming obstacles like murder, racism & losing both legs to diabetes
REMAINING STOCK AVAILABLE NOW
- 352 pages Written by: James “Kamala” Harris, with Kenny Casanova
- Forewords & additional bonus passages by: Jim Ross, Mick Foley, Violent J of Insane Clown Posse, Koko B Ware, Chavo Guerrero, Jerry Jarrett, & Bill Watts
- Additional content provided by: Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Kevin Sullivan, King Kong Bundy, Lanny Poffo, Superfly Snuka, Bruce Pritchard, Jacques Rougeau, Barry Darsow, Jesse Barr, Boris Zukhov, & more!
- LOADS of pictures – Including Never Seen Before Pictures from Jim Cornette
“The Ugandan Giant” Kamala is a former WWE superstar wrestler who never spoke once during his 30 year wrestling career. Having wrestled the likes of Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, The Undertaker, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, and The Ultimate Warrior, readers from around the world will take interest in this book. It is a tell-all story of life, bouts with blatant racism, overcoming obstacles and the gritty underbelly of professional wrestling as a whole. It is a tale of inspiration and loaded with stories and humor. James Harris (aka Kamala) recently lost both legs to diabetes. While this book is a fundraiser that will help offset medical costs to a man that provided many years of entertainment to wrestling fans around the world, it was not just thrown together to make money. It is actually written in a way that fans really want with pictures, funny stories and behind the scenes dirt.
A FUN & INSPIRATIONAL STORY
Despite diabetes claiming first his toes, his feet, and then both legs above the knees, this book is inspirational. It is not an angry/bitter tale told from someone harping on missed opportunity. Kamala’s story includes a great balance of behind-the-scenes stories including plenty of humor, while illustrating the tough and interesting character that James Harris actually is. Overcoming racial obstacles in an industry that Jim Ross called, “a wrestling network of good old boys,” Harris broke the glass ceiling and thus paved the way of success for future African American wrestlers like Duane “The Rock” Johnson.
WHAT YOU WILL READ
James recounts growing up in a sharecropper’s family in a segregated Mississippi town. He discusses training and traveling around the world in his early wrestling days and a step-by-step creation of “Kamala.” He slams the WWF of the 80s & 90s, including Vince McMahons and officials. He tells many funny and crazy behind-the-curtain stories & pranks, including a great look at all of his managers. He identifies blatant drug abuse in the locker room. He addresses racist practices in wrestling. He gives you a look at the man behind the face paint as a trucker, and a man who survived three murders of family members. He finally gives readers an in-depth look of losing his legs to diabetes and high blood pressure.
WHY SHOULD YOU READ KAMALA SPEAKS?
- It’s a success story of a man who rose from humble beginnings to became a star the world over.
- It’s an inside look at the underbelly of professional wrestling from a ring veteran whose voice has not ever really been heard.
- It’s a story of prejudice, career opportunities limited by skin color, pay discrepancies, and subverting stereotypes to provide for his family.
- It’s a cautionary tale of a survivalist who once headlined 20,000-seat arenas, who is now in a wheelchair at age 65, wondering how he can pay the bills.
- It’s a story of survival & triumph by a man who has faced and overcome obstacles many times over, including three murders in his family and losing both his legs to diabetes.